I am a pharmaceutical physician, trained as a nephrologist, having worked in clinical development from translational medicine to phase 4 studies. My areas of interest are chronic kidney disease, anemia, disorders of phosphate metabolism, polycystic kidney disease, and inflammatory and auto-immune diseases. On this website, I hope to share some of the new findings from both investigator-initiated and pharmaceutical company sponsored clinical trials related to kidney disease and other related areas.
- New drugs to treat anemia of chronic kidney disease
- FDA Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee recommends approval of dapagliflozin for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in adults
- Combined ACE inhibition and angiotensin receptor blockade shows no advantage over single agent RAS inhibition in patients with diabetic nephropathy: VA-Nephron D study
- FDA Advisory Committee recommends against approval of Tolvaptan for polycystic kidney disease
- Overcoming obstacles for successful clinical trials in kidney disease